Wednesday 21 April 2010

The Boys

I decided to make a handmade gift for my friends birthday and wanted to use photos of her 3 boys which we took last summer when we went to Magna with them on a summer holiday visit up here.

I found this lovely tripple heart frame in a local gift shop which was perfect for the job but needed a little embelishment to enhance its' shabby-chicness.  There was a floral whitewash design on it which I added dots of liquid pearls to for a bit of shimmer and sparkle.

I then used two flowers from the Wild Asparagus Decoupage Pad from My Minds Eye although sadly I think this product has now been discontinued by them, but it may still be around in the shops somewhere.  I used a simple brown brad to hold them together and added sepia glossy accents to jazz it up a bit.  I also gave the same treatment to a chipboard butterfly, which I coloured with ink pads to match the brad, and then sat on one of the spare leaves from the decoupage page.

I'm really pleased with the results and so was my friend - its almost as cute as the boys themselves :-)

2 comments:

  1. Mum bought something like this for a friend recently - this is such a nice touch though. Having something hand made for your purpose in mind - means so much more when its hung up on your wall. I really like it!! VK

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips