Thursday 18 November 2010

50th Birthday

Not a lot of text today as I've been either in bed or on the sofa since Sunday with the dreaded lurgy and today I'm channelling Phyllis from Corrie with my growly voice!



However, last week was a busy week from a crafting point of view as it was a friends 50th and I made her a jewellery gift and a tower of cupcakes for her party.  The cupcakes were somewhat of a marathon, especially in my tiny kitchen, so I had to put up my culinary paste table to hold all 120 of them....


I made 3 flavours - coconut and raspberry with malibu american frosting, chocolate with chocolate ganache and my personal favourite, caramel mud cakes with baileys toffee cream frosting.  I topped the whole tower off with the birthday girls favourite flavour in cake form - lemon with lemon curd cream cheese frosting.




As these were special cakes, for a special birthday, I wanted to decorate them in a style to suit the party girl, so I  made sparkly pink glittered stars, black glittered 50's and disco glittered cocktail glasses.  All made out of fondant, painted with edible glitter and some extra glitter on top for added birthday sparkle!


Unfortunately, the birthday girl herself didn't make it to her party as she was unwell, but the cakes went down well with the guests and family took some home for my friend.

She's a bit of a jewellery fiend, and liked the last necklace we made at jewellery class, so I adapted the design and made it in pink and silver, along with a matching charm style bracelet.  Hopefully she'll be well enough to party soon and give them an outing.  Happy 50th and get well soon xxx


1 comment:

  1. The jewellery is Stunning, and the cupcakes look so good, your friend must love them all. Would love the recipe for those. Sorry not managed to get to the jewellery classes lately, working and also not feeling 100% myself. Love sandra x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips