Friday 14 January 2011

Sprinkle Stardust

This card is for a friends birthday which is today - so Happy Birthday Linda!  It's the first time I've tried the masking technique to get a background image behind a character - I've used backgrounds before, but I've cut the character out and stuck them on.  My alignment was slightly out, so she's not quite sitting on the wall properly, but it's close enough for it not to have ended up in the scrap bin.

I love this image, with all the glitter, and the sprinkle stardust sentiment is just right. (sorry not sure where I got this stamp again - I must try harder to note down when I buy stuff!)  I coloured the image with copics and added definition, particularly to the grass which is a bit thin for copics, with my Faber & Castell Polychromos Artists Pencils (unfortunately I don't have this great big beautiful box, just a handful of individual ones)  These are great pencils which blend really well with sansoder.

The Happy Birthday sentiment and the bird on a branch are both Elzybels stamps, which are no longer available so no link - sorry.  It was quite refreshing to go straight onto a card without any background papers for a change.


As this is my favourite Magnolia image, in no small part due to the fact that it requires you to add lots of my favourite embellishment in the form of glitter for the stardust, I am entering this card into the My favourite things challenge on the Just Magnolia & Hanglar and Stanglar Challenge Blog

4 comments:

  1. Lovely card. I especially like the sparkly accents. You were kind enough to leave a post on my blog recently and asked about the stamp used It is called One thousand years waiting and is from sweetpeastamps (part of the ching chou kuik fantasy collection) Hope that helps

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is fabulous.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful card ... Reminds me of my daughter sitting there enjoy her birds ...
    You've created a beautiful scene & colored it so perfectly.
    Hugs, Janie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh so very sweet! Great card!
    Thanks for joining the Just Magnolia Challenge this week!
    Hugs, Dena

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips