Wednesday 26 January 2011

You're Special To Me - Double Challenge

I found another new blog challenge this week over at Annabelle Stamps - and discovered that as well as their weekly challenges, they do a monthly sketch challenge, and its possible to combine the two.  I liked the idea of this weeks challenge, as it was to "say it with emboss resist" and I haven't used my embossing powders in an age.  I used one of the gorgeous sentiments from Stempelglede and embossed it with clear matt powder.  As I was also going to use the monthly sketch from the same blog as the basis for the card, I stamped it into the centre of a nestie circle, leaving the nestie in place, and then used two shades of distress inks (bundled sage and crushed olive) to blend a background whilst maintaining a white border.  I mounted onto another nestie, some gorgeous glittered paper from the laundry line stack from My Minds Eye and added a flower and a few gems to match the shape of the sketch. 

 
Its turned out to be my favourite card of the year so far.......

The challenges are - Annabelle Stamps January Sketch Challenge and Annabelle Stamps Say It With Emboss Resist

3 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous card! LOVE your colour combo and I'm loving your embossed resist circle, the sentiment is lovely!
    Love your DP and gorgeous flower!
    AWESOME job on combining the two challenges in the one card!
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at AnnaBelle Stamps!

    Take Care,
    Kylie X

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous card! It's fun using supplies we haven't used for a while lol! Great job on combining the two challenges as well!
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an elegant classy card. Your embossing looks fantastic, fab take on both AnnaBelle Stamps challenges, thanks for playing along again this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips