Friday 12 August 2011

Clean & Simple CAS-ual Friday

For this week's CAS-ual Friday challenge, the girls have joined forces with Clean & Simple and used one of their sketches for the basis of the challenge.


After last weeks horrendous glue dot torture, this simple sketch is a pleasant and welcome return to something a bit less taxing for the start of the weekend!

It's been more like blumming October here today than August - I even had to put my office light on at work this afternoon it was so dark and grey - so my first thought on seeing the sketch was to make a Christmas card as I was feeling a little chilly.  I used the tiny trees set from Waltzingmouse Stamps to create a simple two shaded tree, and then added "snowflake" embossing powder for the decorative lights.  The greeting is from the same set.  I added three rows of twine and a little dp border.  Very quick and simple so I may well make a set of these in different shades to add to my christmas card stock while I'm in the mood.


I wanted to get back into summer though, so decided to use the same set but without the snowy feel, so this is my second card.  I stamped a couple of trees this time side-by-side onto kraft paper and used the friends always sentiment as it seemed to me that they trees were friends.  I finished it with a strip of lime green card with some golden gems.


I think it ended up slightly autumnal so I may go and look out another set to see if I can't make an altogether more summery card to remind me that summer is still hiding behind the clouds somewhere...

Thanks for visiting - see you later.
Craftilicious x

6 comments:

  1. Hmmm... I'm thinking glitzy glue dots would be fabulous on that tree! Just kidding!! *wink*
    Love your darling tree and the twine is the perfect touch. Glad you came to play with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about the glue dots!!!! The sketch this week is lovely and I really like your take - both of them - on the sketch. The twine and sparkle on the Christmas tree is super, and I do like the two trees on the friends one!

    And I agree, it's been really autumnal here too - I'm hoping that summer will be back - we're camping in two weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are fab Tara and the WM stamps are perfect for the sketch. I think the swirl of stars are what sold me that set, great Christmas card :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute!
    Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  5. your Christmas greeting card is so gorgeous i like your creativity.

    Plastic Card
    Plastic business cards

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips