Thursday 18 August 2011

Flashback!

This week's challenge at Moving Along With The Times is a really cool idea - they want us to look back at our favourite project, relink it to a new post and say why it's special to us.  Super cool and easy peasy so do join in!


Actually, choosing one favourite might not be that easy after all!  I finally decided on this Kraftin Kimmie card I made back in February as I designed the mechanism for the card to open and this was the first "tutorial" I ever tried to create.  It also features a lot of paper-piecing with copic shading on top which is one of my favourite techniques.


This is also my all time favourite Kraftin Kimmie stamp set - it's a whole "Happy Days/Grease" style set of 1950's characters.  It's still available to buy in the UK from Quixotic Paperie if you missed it on release.  If you want to read the full details of how I made this card, then the original tutorial can be found here http://craftilicious-yorkshire.blogspot.com/2011/02/kraftin-kimmie-gdt-contest-week-4.html

Catch you later.


5 comments:

  1. oh i love the design.. i might have to "borrow " that idea . Fab images and papers

    Thanks for entering into the spirit of my flashback challenge this week at MAWTT
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW this is super what a great card. Thanks for joining in with us on MAWTT Hazelxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are sooo funky and cool, Tara! I gotta try this!

    Thx for your sweet msg re my card drop at St Lukes! If you want any more for the BH event, let me know and I can post some more off to you this weekend! And let me know if it's quicker to post to you direct or to St Luke's addie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an uber cool card and such a fun design. Thanks for sharing your creativity with us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fabulous! I love the theme! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at MAWTT this week, good luck! Pami x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips