Sunday 9 October 2011

Smile


This week's CAS-ual Friday's challenge is a little different - there is a blog hop in aid of Julie Ranae who has had some terrible problems resulting in the loss of her two front teeth and is now faced with a HUGE dental bill to get her smile back.  As well as the usual challenge there is a blog hop with $2500 worth or prizes up for grabs and on every blog there is a donation button to donate a little to help Julie get here smile back - which I've done - just a few dollars but every dollar counts.  I am so glad to be in the UK with access to subsidised dental treatment - I think your smile is very important for your confidence and sense of well being.

They want us to make a card using the phrase above as inspiration and this is what I came up with:


I've used a 7 x 5 kraft card base with some blue paper and faux stitching.  I've then used some pieces from an old HOTP quick cards kit with the addition of a few buttons.  The U was actually on a brown square but I decided it looked better cut out.  That's it from me today I think as my mojo seems to have gone on holiday with the tidy up fairy.....

Check out the start of the blog hop here http://cas-ualfridays.blogspot.com/2011/10/cfc23-operation-julies-smile.html

Craftilicious x

7 comments:

  1. This is just fabulous, love the sentiment.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet card Tara, gorgeous colours:)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely, the colours are so fab! Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful card! Thank you so much for your donation, it is sooo true that every little bit counts and I truly appreciate your generosity :) Glad to have you with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the brown and blue together Tara and what a great sentiment! Vx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A truly fantastic card, sure to make the recipient smile with joy. Awesome job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips