Saturday 3 December 2011

A Couple of Casuals Plus Colour Q

I really annoyed myself this week - I missed the deadline for CAS-ual Friday - stupid really as we'd had 2 weeks to play and I made the card in time, just didn't get my bum in gear to post it prior to the deadline. Being in the UK, I don't even have Thanksgiving as an excuse!   I've never missed a week of this challenge since it started, so I'm posting my entry Challenge 29 along with the new one for Challenge 30 just to prove I did it :-(

I used the the fantastic colours from this week's Colour Q http://colourq.blogspot.com/2011/11/colourq-challenge-113.html  as my starting point along with the CASual Friday sketch


This is what I came up with just using one stamp set from There She Goes and a few blue gemstones and some old DCWV DP.  

I stamped the snowflakes in the 3 ink colours on white card and added gems to the centres of the larger ones, stamped the sentiment in the corner and then edged the card with Sahara Sand for definition.  I added some snowflake DP and finished with some more gems and a second sentiment (actually this one is from Waltzingmouse not There She Goes).  This one will be going to my best friend who I've been out with all day today getting the Christmas shopping done and we'll be celebrating in our traditional way (in the pub!) on Christmas Eve so she definately DOES make the season!

So, that's last week's sorted - onto this week - which is a tic-tac-toe challenge  http://cas-ualfridays.blogspot.com/2011/12/cfc30.html



I've opted to take the diagonal line from Scallops to Aqua and this is my creation.


A plain kraft base with a simple scalloped border strip cut using a die from aqua glitter paper.  I stamped a papermania sentiment which has a snowflake pattern but it isn't showing on the photo as I used chalk ink and it's not as crisp as I'd like.  I then decorated the rest of the card with die cut snowflakes using the same aqua glitter card and a few in white for contrast.

Right - better get all the Christmas shopping put away!

Bye for now.
Craftilicious x

5 comments:

  1. Very pretty, love the snowflakes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card! Snowflakes seem to be the theme this week - they lend themselves to the colors so well!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at ColourQ this week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seems these blues just make us think of snowflakes at the minute...wonder why!!!
    Two fab Christmas cards, you friend sounds like a mate indeed :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty!
    Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that CAS card. Perfect for our challenge! Thank you for joining us this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips