Friday 13 January 2012

Paperpieced Uptown Girl

Another close to the deadline entry - I really must get more organised!    The challenge this week at Allsorts is paperpiecing and it's one of my favourite techniques  http://allsortschallenge.blogspot.com/2012/01/week-136-paper-piecing.html

As I needed to make a card for my friends birthday on Sunday, I went with one of the gorgeous Uptown Girls from Stamping Bella - I ADORE these girls and can't wait to see the new ones.  My friend doesn't read my blog unless I point her at it, so I'm pretty safe to share:


I stamped the dress onto some K&Co papers with a small pattern and then added some shading with pencils and copics in the same tonal values.  Finished with a little stickles.  There is a first on this too - real sewing!  I finally opened my sewing machine that's been sitting in a box for 18 months as I've been too scared to use it.  I'm going to a patchwork cushion class at my local craft shop next Saturday so I needed to learn how to use it first.  Lynne, the lovely lady who runs the shop, set the machine up and talked me through it and all was going well - until I got home and had to thread it up - I had 6 attempts - gave up and then DH did it for me!   So I stitched my mats together and also added some stitched lines to the DP (hard to see on the photo)  Finished with craftwork cards sentiment inked to colour match.

Catch you later

4 comments:

  1. A really great card for this weeks theme.

    Thanks so much for sharing with us at Allsorts this week and good luck.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card and love the paperpiecing..great card for a teenage girl..

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant card Tara, love the paper piecing and well done with the sewing.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! It's a fabulous card - just love that stamp!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips