Friday 9 March 2012

A Special Sweet 16 Request

I've made a card tonight to send to the daughter of one of the bloggers I follow - Laurie Schmidlin of Just Give Me Stamps.   Her daughter Alison is having a tough time with the return of some neurological issues follow her brain tumour removal of 3 years ago and she is turning 16 later this month so Laurie has asked if we can send her a card for her birthday  http://justgivemestamps.typepad.com/my_weblog/2012/03/nothing-is-impossible-and-a-request.html    Well, that's a request I can't ignore - and if you've got a little time to spare this week perhaps you'd like to send her one too - wouldn't it be lovely to have hundreds of cards to cheer you up on your birthday - especially lovely handmade ones!   Laurie has set up a PO Box address and you can find the details here http://justgivemestamps.typepad.com/my_weblog/2012/03/overwhelmed.html



I used one of the brilliant new Kraftin Kimmie superwomen stamps - I thought it was appropriate to remind Alison how great she is and strong she's been.  Coloured with copics and I added glossy accents to her leggings and gloves to give them a more leather like look and added lots of glitter to the bodice as every superhero needs some glitter and gloss!  Some die cut stars (MFT) and a sixteen sticker. 

I'm entering it into this week's stamptacular sunday challenge which is "text me" and just needs to have some text on the front.



1 comment:

  1. Fantastic Tara - now I NEED this one!!!

    Hey, thx so much for my gorgeous card - totally love the felt and sentiment and cardstock - beautiful!!

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips