Saturday 15 September 2012

Doggy oval

I've should have had a nice long day of crafting, but as seems to be the way of late, things didn't go to plan and even when I did finally make it to my craft room late this afternoon, my mojo seems to have upped and left me high and dry (probably as I've got some card orders to fill - it always seems to run away when I need it most!)  Anyhow, I thought I'd try my favourite challenges to see if I could dig up some mojo and I've combined the colour theme (black and white plus one of your choice) over at CASual Fridays with the theme (ovals) at Less is More with a new challenge to me - 365 cards (they do a new challenge every day and I picked one from a couple of days ago which is CAS with one embellishment)



I opted for a very simply thin black mat, a strip of black with an embossed birthday sentiment in white and a little black scottie dog embellishment framed in a pink spotty oval with a line of white faux stitching.   Not the most original of entries but I am pleased with the very clean lines and hint of pink.  The scottie dog has been in my stash for ages and is fluffy with a velvet collar.

http://cas-ualfridays.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/cfc70.html

http://simplylessismoore.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/week-85-theme.html

http://365cards.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/day-196-keep-it-simple.html

Time to make dinner - will catch you all later


25 comments:

  1. Loving your card - that little scottie is soooo cute

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card. Love the pink and black and the scottie dog is fabulous.

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a great card to me, your little dog is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card, all goes together so well,
    Liz x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab card Tara. Your fluffy dog is so cute.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hola Tara, gorgeous card!!!so pretty i love the colours and the design, good work, as always.
    A hug from Palma

    ReplyDelete
  7. That scottie is cute, are you sure he's not off your Radley handbag!! :0)
    That's such a cute card, love the colour choice. I know what you mean about mojo...it's there you just have to creep up on it and craft ad lib!!
    Thanks for linking up to CASual Fridays :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks superb Tara, I would say that Mr Mojo has decidedly returned!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wat een leuke kaart heb je gemaakt .Leuk met dat hondje
    Groetje Gerrie

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a totally cute card - I thought RADLEY too as soon as I saw it!

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  11. SUPER cute! Love your little scotty dog and the color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sooo sweet, love the touch of pink.
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fab card - really aweet dog

    ReplyDelete
  14. Simply terrific Tara
    Love the colours, the layout is really striking
    Thanks very much
    mandi LIM

    ReplyDelete
  15. Tara - that little doggy is so stinkin' cute, and I love your "plus one" color choice! Thank you so much for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi tara
    Fabulous card love the hot pink....
    Hugs Sylvie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very cute card, lovely! Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Darling design!! GREAT use of colors! So glad that you join the fun with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautifully clean and simple!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I like the clean lines too and the splash of colour. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Cute, cute, cute! LOve the little scottie dog!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. HI Tara, Well done on combining two challenges, I very rarekly manage to do that. Your card's very cute too, love the little fluffy scottie, Gay x

    ReplyDelete
  23. OMG! This is so cute! I love that little silhouette doggie on the pink background!! Thanks for having some fun with us this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Sooooo cute!! Love that lil' doggie!!Thanks for sharing with us @ CASual Fridays this week!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Ftoo cute!! LOVE your scottie and the color you chose...sweet!!
    Thanks for being a part of the challenge this week at CAS-ual Fridays:)!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips