Thursday 13 September 2012

Happy 4th Birthday TSG!

There She Goes Stamps is 4 this month and is celebrating with 5 birthday challenges.  I've been working on them for a couple of days and now I have 5 cards to share so bare with me, this is going to be a bit of a long post!

 
As the challenge here was all about numbers - I turned to the Numbered Days set and simply stamped a row of numbers onto DP option to highlight the age of the birthday by using one of solid stamps from the set instead of the outline versions.  The sentiment and balloons are from the same set.
For the masculine challenge I opted to use the super-cute Out of This World set, stamping a variety of elements from the set colouring with copics and cutting out.  I embossed some stars onto a black base card in green glitter EP and added the sentiment with white embossing.  I stuck on the coloured elements onto the base card to create an out-of-space scene.  

This is also going to be my entry to CASology this week where the cue word is "sky"  so I hope space counts as "sky"  http://casology.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/week-10-sky.html

The third challenge was a photo inspiration based on the photo above - I went pretty literal with a cake and using the colours:

I used  the set "A little treat" and stamped a row of cakes onto a strip of white card in grey ink.  I stamped it once more on a scrap of card in black in and coloured with copics using the blues, teals, reds and whites from the inspiration photo.  I added a couple of stripes of washi tape to the base card and stamped some greetings from the set in red ink to finish.

For the 4th challenge we just had to incorporate a banner - for this I turned to the first ever TSG stamp set I bought "Sentimental" and simply stamped it onto DP and cut a banner shape by hand.  I used the faux letterpress technique by inking a starry embossing folder in rainbow colours using a brayer (thanks Vicky!) and a keleidacolor multi coloured inkpad.  Finished with a few random gems and some faux stitching.

For the final challenge I had to use my favourite little donkey (Ba Donkey Donk set) and thought I could create a sort of rosette for my required elements of 3 embellishments.  I used a die cut doily, some ribbon and a brad.  I stamped the sentiment from Birthday  Bot onto the base card to finish. 

If you're new to TSG then now is a good time to check them out as they have a 15% off birthday discount code on their blog so a great time to try their excellent quality stamps.

13 comments:

  1. Love the astronaut analogy. Thank you so much for joining us this week at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are fantastic!! You nailed every TSG's birthday challenge! Thanks so much for hanging out with us all week! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our first space entry! Love the black sky - and all the other cards! Thanks so much for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY! You got to make a card for all of the challenges. :-) They're wonderful! I especially like the cake one. Great effect! Thanks so much for joining in the TSG birthday celebration challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cards! Love the birthday cake colours and the little astronaut is fab!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow these are all so cute!!!!!Thank you so much for playing along with the TSG Birthday challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done on getting them done, Tara! I love them all Tara! My fave has to be....oh, I can't choose!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous selection Tara. Love the astronaut...and the cake...oh all of them.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loads of fab cards here Tara! Love the numbers one...great idea! :)
    Lizy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. saw you featured on fb for your super cute cake card and had to come see the rest :)
    fantastic cards girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your number card and cake card are fabulous! Love how you highlighted just one. Really great cards for each challenge. Thanks for joining our birthday party at There She Goes!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My goodness what a feast for the eyes Tara - looks like you had withdrawal symptoms from last week, LOL! My favourite, FAVOURITE one is the space scene - how cute is that alien?! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really wanted to join in but time was against me...I can see what happened to your mojo now...you wore it out!!
    Well done for making all five challenges...I saw you got a mention on the TSG facebook page. Love them all, such a great variety and I might just need that spacemean set now as well :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips