Thursday 14 February 2013

Geek Chic

No hearts and flowers around here today - I have a couple of friends with the misfortune to have their birthdays today (not much fun when you want to go for a meal on your birthday and can only get the couples specials!)  I'll be sharing one of their cards at the weekend, but I can share the masculine card today.


I teamed up Kraftin Kimmie's Computer Nerd (from the nerds range) with a sentiment from There She Goes and some mathematical washi tape in the background.  The image was coloured with copics with glossy accented glasses.

I love the Smarty Pants stamp set and the washi tape soooo much that I decided to have another little play just for fun.  This time I went girly:


Again the image was coloured with copics and fussy cut and mounted over the washi tape - I decided to go for a little splatter this time for extra decoration.  I used some luminarte shimmer paint and my thick waterbrush (I think I must have done that before I did the washi tape but I can't quite remember now).  I love the sentiments in this set - they are all so funny!

2 comments:

  1. They're brilliant Tara, love the washi background on both too :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are both fab, Tara! I haven't used the tape yet - you've used it beautifully!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips