Tuesday 19 February 2013

Muse meets Retro

I've been having a bit of redesign on the old blog - time for the fussy header to go and be replaced by something much more CAS and modern - what do you reckon?  I had fun designing it so hope you like it too.

I became a member of the  MUSE card club when it launched, but I haven't had the chance to play along as yet only managed to vote, but the lovely muse inspiration card this week really spoke to me so I made a little time to play last night and combined the inspiration with this weeks retro sketch.


Here are the links if you want to play along - http://musecardclub.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/muse-challenge-5.html  -  http://retrosketches.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/retrosketches-51.html and here is my interpretation:


I loved the amazing colours on the washi tape on Marion's Muse card - I love teals and turquoise but had never thought to pair that colour with orange and yellow but it works so well so I was inspired to play with those colours and see what I could do with them.  I started with PTI roses in shades of yellow and orange (I hope I'm allowed green leaves - they looked odd in blue!) and then I combined the stripes of the washi tape but in my case in the form of DP strips (My Minds Eye) with the overall sketch at retro for my layout.  I added some tiny buttons in orange and yellow to finish and an orange sentiment (also PTI).  I think I'll be using this colour combo again - hope you all like it.

16 comments:

  1. Hi Tara,
    I have just been checking my email spam box, and there were two emails from you, sent today. They looked a bit suspect as there was no content, just a link. I didn't want to press on the link until I checked that it was definitely from you.
    BTW, your card is gorgeous...love the colours and pretty flowers xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tara - love the new look blog - very CAS! I think your card is just lovely - a great combination of challenges! The roses are just so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the new look blog Tara. Your card is fab too, great springy colours.
    I got a spam e mail from you too, someone is being naughty with your account I think.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really beautiful, Tara! Those colours are gorgeous too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would call this a more mature, more feminine version, but you've really captured the Muse! Love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is lovely, love the colours

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do like that Sweet Life Stamp set. Your's turned out lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great take on the MUSE card--this is really lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm just in love with your colors!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your new blog header is so cool Tara! Your card is so bright and cheery, love the way you stamped the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous happy card Tara - perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is simply lovely! Love the colors and the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card Tara - so very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous take on both challenges! I just LOVE the Sweet Life stamp set don't you? :) Wonderful card! :)

    Lauren
    http://landersoncraftydesigns.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card. Those roses really do work well in yellows.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips