Thursday 7 March 2013

Stitched Flowers


I'm back again for another go at this week's "stitched" theme over at the Paper Players Challenge http://thepaperplayers.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/paper-players-135-leannes-theme.html
 this time with a Mother's Day commission - the request was lilac and I immediately thought of a couple of new PTI stamps I have and this is the result.


I stamped the embroidered blooms in purple and lilac and fussy cut adding black liquid pearls to the centre.  I stamped the leaves a few times in two shades of green and fussy cut again (wish I'd got the matching die now!)  I stamped one of the ribbons from ribbons and bows in lilac onto a white panel and then arranged the fussy cut elements on top.  I added my favourite Mother's Day sentiment (Crafts Meow Parents) in purple and finished with a few lilac gems and a matching lilac mat before mounting onto a 7 x5 white base card.

I was really pleased with the results on this one - the embroidered detail on the flowers is so pretty and the sender was pleased with this card - hope his Mum is too!

I'm also entering this into the Spring theme - birds, bees, plants over at Moving Along With The Times - http://movingalongwiththetimes.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/the-birds-and-bees.html






13 comments:

  1. Stunning, Tara! I love floral designs. You have created your card so beautifully! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is such a perfect mothers day card, it's just beautiful! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful, Tara! Those colours are gorgeous together and love detail on the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful Tara.Love the flowers, the detail is lovely.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous Mothers Day card Tara...lovely colour combination and the details are your flowes are fabulous...

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww, I love how you used the ribbon stamp behind the little posy, beautiful card Tara :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect Tara!! Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a pretty card! Great job on all of the fussy cutting. I love that sentiment -- the fonts are beautiful. Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job on your card and your fussy cutting is superb! Thank you very much for joining us at the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really pretty creation, great stamps & colours!

    Thank you for sharing with us at MAWTT this week, good luck!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a pretty creation...it may not be spring outside, but I can feel it coming when I look at your card! Thanks for playing with my "stitchy" challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beauty this is Tara! I love the embroidered look and your stamped background ribbon and the colours are gorgeous again. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really truly a piece of art here! Makes me wonder why I haven't picked up this set , and tells me I should!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips