Wednesday 22 May 2013

The Royal Meow

For my first entry at Less is More I ended up with 2 dogs and 1 cat - now I'm definitely more of a cat person than a dog and I'm sure our Lottie has been particularly difficult this week just to show her disgust!   So I thought I'd better even up the score a little and this week's CASology cue word of "Royal" gave me the perfect way to do it.....   http://casology.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/week-45-royal.html




I used the sketch at this week's retro sketches for my layout and cut a frame from DP.  http://retrosketches.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/retrosketches-64.html  The focal image of the rather royal feline is from Elzybells (no longer trading) and I just love it.  I paper pieced her onto the cushion and used copics to colour and add shading to the paper piecing.

I added some washi tape to finish the sketch and then used a double sentiment from the same stamp set stamped directly onto the DP frame so this will be my entry to this week's CASual Friday's challenge too  http://cas-ualfridays.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/cfc101.html


13 comments:

  1. A really gorgeous take on the sketch Tara!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just love your cute card Tara and such a great sentiment

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet little pussy cat Tara!
    Thanks so much.
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, how cute! Love that crown! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fun - love the crown on that kitty! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute....love this adorable image!

    ReplyDelete
  7. AnonymousMay 23, 2013

    Aww what a beautiful Kitty Cat :)Fabulous card !
    Thank you for stopping by my little blog-and for taking the time to leave a comment,i appreciate it :)
    Best wishes,Nessa xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute layout! Thanks for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely so cute and great colouring. Thank you so much for joining us this week at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is perfect. Your image looks like my kitty, I love her beautiful crown :) Thanks for playing along with us at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  11. ... and very regal she looks too!! fabulous shading Tara... hope you've settled the tensions at home now between you and lottie :0)
    jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, how sweet! Now that cat looks regal, for sure! Thanks for playing along at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Tee hee! Cats do tend to think they're royalty don't they? Love your colouring and the fun papers you used. Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips