Saturday 5 October 2013

Halloween Fanatics

It's time for our third challenge over at Waltzingmouse Fanatics today and given that we're into October we thought we'd give you all the chance to get a head start on Halloween and pull out all your new release sets if you ordered them  http://waltzingmousefanaticschallenge.blogspot.co.uk/

Now I'm not the biggest fan of Halloween - nothing against it and I do love a good pumpkin - but it's just not very big around where I live so before this new release I didn't actually own any of the Halloween sets so I planned a project using Claire's wonderful little freebie poem which I thought would be great to give to my great nieces and nephews.


I embossed Halloween Treats from the Say It Loud Winter Holiday set onto some orange card and added a super cute bat I cut on the cameo.   I printed the poem on some copy paper, die cut it with a tag and then used an ink duster to add a little purple and grey ink for a spooky feel.  I filled some glassine bags with my bat poop and then simply stapled it all together.  Quick and easy Halloween treats!

However, when I saw the new release, I was very drawn to The Count - I do have a thing about vampires as I'm an avid reader of the Anita Blake books by Laurell K Hamilton so I made an exception and bought a couple of the sets this year and made a little card.


I stamped him in versafine black for a very strong silhouette in the foreground and then masked him so I could add the spooky ruin from All Hallows Eve behind him in grey.  I went for this set for this very image as it reminded me of my all time favourite painting which hangs in the Walker Art Gallery in Liverpool - it's a Gothic ruin just like this and the painting is so huge I can sit in front of it for hours and just imagine myself stepping into it.   Anyway, enough waffle - back to the card.  I added just a hint of red on his collar and the top of his walking stick and matched that in to the sentiment so it looked like it was scrawled in blood - perhaps it needs a few drips to finish it off.......

I do hope that's got your blood flowing (lol) and that you'll hop on over to the challenge site and play along with us this week http://waltzingmousefanaticschallenge.blogspot.co.uk/ and to get a bit more inspiration don't forget to visit my team mate Deborah


3 comments:

  1. Oh Tara! I adore the cute little bat on the gift bags - I'm sure your nieces and nephews will love them. However, it's your Count card that I absolutely love! So atmospheric. The ruined abbey is a perfect background to the elegant Count - love the splash of red too!

    Didn't realise you read Anita Blake - love, love those stories :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those treat bags are adorable...
    and I'm sure will be enjoyed by some littles...
    Bat Poo and all! LOL!!! :)
    But so lovin' how you used The Count and that incredible castle...
    awesome!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your Count card. The touches of red are perfect !!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips