Saturday 19 October 2013

PJ's and Trees

It's a couple of my favourite challenges today - Less is More and the Waltzingmouse PJ Party and luckily I've managed to combine the PJ Party sketch with the tree theme from Less Is More to come up with this.


I stamped the large teardrop tree from Tiny Trees in Starfruit ink from Stampin Up, added the branches in brown and let it dry before embossing the flurry of stars in blue glitter over the top.   It was then die cut from a circle of card which was edged with dashes from a green-gold glitter pen.  I added a strip of blue paper for the banner and edged the whole thing with more dash lines.

This is the sketch - you have a week if you want to play along with this one.


There are 3 other challenges for the PJ party - two for Halloween which I've not managed, but the 3rd is all about Art Deco and I love that so had to make a card.  Challenge 3 - Art Deco - Black and white and POP


For my pop I went with gold and used a soft gold base card adding a black and white deco panel with the new background stamp.  I die cut a fancy label and embossed a sentiment from Putting on the Ritz in gold and mounted it with a couple of gold gems.  I added fancy photo corners to finish - http://waltzingmouse.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/wms-october-pajama-party.html

And while I'm here - I should also remind you that if you're a Waltzingmouse fan, then the new Fanatics challenge started this morning so you have another sketch you can play with http://waltzingmousefanaticschallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/challenge-4-sketch.html







8 comments:

  1. What a pretty little Christmas tree on your sketch card Tara - and your art deco background looks wonderful with the die cut corners and pretty sentiment label! thanks for reminding me about the Waltzingmouse Fanatics challenge - love the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tara - I just love, love your clean and simple Christmas card - the little tree fills me with delight (the colours are wonderful). And your elegant Art Deco card is stunning! You've rocked these challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Tara, love the blue glitter!!! and your Art Deco card is very chic, love the gold pop! Thank you so much for taking time to play along with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're making great use of the art deco look Tara but the teardrop tree has really grabbed my attention - what a brilliant idea to team Summer Starfruit with this blue glitter! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely tree !

    ReplyDelete
  6. fab card tara...

    Thanks for joining us this week
    Jen x
    "Less Is More"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Clean and Simple ....and veeery elegant :) xoxo Aneta

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips