Saturday 16 November 2013

Christmas without Christmas

It's time for another challenge at Waltzingmouse Fanatics today and I've set a quirky little challenge that I think will stretch the grey matter a bit but I hope you all find it fun and join in!  This time around we're looking for a festive Christmas card but the only Christmas themed stamp you're allowed to use is a single sentiment - the images must be from a "non-Christmas" set.

OK - I know that sounds a bit hard, but once you put your mind to it, it's actually a lot of fun - I got a card into Paper Crafts magazine for this very challenge using entirely Waltzingmouse images (see it here) so it is possible.

This time around, the card actually happened by accident - I was trying to make a card with our first colour theme based on the red and green peppers and I decided to play with creating a background using elements from the Folk Art Medallion stamp set and when I'd finished I realised it looked quite "Christmassy" so I put it to one side and made another card for that challenge......


To finish this one, I simply stamped the Christmas greeting onto vellum and embossed it in black - I like the contrast of the strong black with the soft filter the vellum gives to the pattern underneath.  The sentiment is from Compliments of the Season 2.   As glueing vellum is tricky I just used some sticky backed card strips on either edge to adhere it to the card base.

So now it's your turn - hop on over to the Waltzingmouse Fanatics Challenge site and put your everyday sets into overtime for Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. I think this is fabulous! The pattern, the rich colours and the sentiment on the vellum looks great.

    BTW I followed your link to see the Yonder Star card - brilliant, can see why it was published! Congrats on them all! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with Deborah on your Yonder Star card - it's gorgeous! I love this one too - you've made the folk arty pattern look beautifully festive with these lovely colours. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips