Saturday 2 November 2013

Stormy Seas

Are you ready for a new challenge?  Well we have a great colour challenge for you today over at Waltzingmouse Fanatics and here's what I did with it.


I paired our colours with the sketch from the current Seize the Sketch challenge to inspire my design and the colours led me naturally to a masculine card.


I started with a piece of of chevron striped paper in blue and grey from my favourite masculine pack - swagger from fancy pants and stamped the lovely splatter pattern from splat that over the top - I think we often forget than we can still stamp on decorative paper!   I added a little distress ink to the right edge to give it a moody feel to match the picture on our colour theme.

Next came the focal strip - another piece from swagger with a couple of feathers from funky feathers stamped on the right hand side in aspen mist from versa magic.  I embossed the sentiment from the same set in smoky slate powder from stampin up.  For the focal feather I stamped the same feather using aspen mist and aegean blue but rather than stamping it onto paper I stamped it into cloud clay - an ultra-lightweight airdry clay that can be cut with scissors (or even run through a die cut machine) - so once it was dry I trimmed the excess with scissors and stuck it down with glossy accents.

Masculine cards can be fun too you know ;-)   Hope you all hop on over to the challenge and give it a go - all you need is one Waltzingmouse product and there are freebies in their shop if you don't own any stamps ;-)   http://waltzingmousefanaticschallenge.blogspot.co.uk/



10 comments:

  1. I love it! The backing paper is just super and I think the splat stamp look great. I do like the feathers (must get that set out!). Great card Tara. Sending hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute sentiment! And I love your ink splatters :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great use of the colors Tara! love the splatter and layered feathers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful use of color and love the feathers! Thanks for joining us at Seize the Sketch! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the feather and the splatter.
    Thanks for joining us at Seize the Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh beautiful Tara! I love the moody blues and the way you've used the feather. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card! Love the paint splatters! Thanks for joining along with Seize The Sketch challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very Creative! I love simple but outstanding cards.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely gorgeous for both challenges.
    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic job on this card! It's perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips