Sunday 24 November 2013

Wiggle it!

Good morning all it's my day again over at Make the Day Special and I'm feeling in a masculine mood today - I think it must be all the Dr Who we were forced to enjoyed watching yesterday.....

So I've been playing with my favourite masculine stamp set Fish More and the companion die set.


I went for a faux embossing look by lining all the die cuts up across the card in rows and then added colour by stamping on top in a variety of blue and green inks.  Trimming off any die cuts that overhang the edges of the card.  For the sentiment I used a strip of vellum and embossed it with an opaque blue powder.  I also embossed the hook in silver before adding the fishing line both on and off the vellum with versafine.  There wasn't anywhere really to "hide" adhesive behind the vellum, but wackytac tape is pretty much invisible (I have a strip the whole way across) so that's a really useful addition to your craft stock if you want to use vellum and aren't handy with a sewing machine ;-)

2 comments:

  1. I think this is just brilliant. Love the faux embossed look and the lovely colours! I really like the sentiment and hook on the vellum! Great card.

    We thoroughly enjoyed Dr Who over here - in fact we watched the encore show in the evening too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so fun. Love the hook!
    Ang

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips