Sunday 29 December 2013

Love is all you need

It's my day over on the Make the Day Special Stamp Store blog again today and my card was inspired by the current 2 week challenge at Less is More http://simplylessismoore.blogspot.co.uk/2013/12/week-151-merry-christmas-everyone.html which is to select any of their previous challenges to have another go at.

I decided to have another go at metallics and one other colour from a few weeks ago (Challenge 149) although my card would also fit challenge 24 - circles.

I wanted to use one my holiday sets to show that there is versatility beyond Christmas in some sets if you look for it so I decided to play with Strictly Sentiments 3 from WPlus9 and pair it with a matching styled sentiment from Mama Elephant's Smitten set.


Now whilst this set looks aimed squarely at Christmas with it's big sentiments - I was actually more interested in the striped circles that come with it and used those in 5 shades of pink to create a bubbly border down my card.  I then ignored the two Christmassy words and just focused on  LOVE and found another "LOVE" in Smitten which had the same style and another sentiment which paired with love perfectly.  I carefully cut the sentiment apart so I could rearrange the words in the famous song and just embossed all the words in silver for my metallic element of the challenge.




7 comments:

  1. Oh what a fabulous card - I'm now humming this song in my head! Great colours and lovely embossing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great, I love the design with circles and the colors look lovely too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome design! Love the circles and great sentiment...yes, I too will be humming that song *grin*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, a great card. I just started to sing this song ; )) Greetings from Germany Elisabeth

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a brilliant card Tara! I love that you saw the possibilities in the Christmas set and the colours are fab! Happy new year! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry I'm so ridiculously late in visiting your card for our Christmas challenge Tara!
    This is fab!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips