Tuesday 25 March 2014

Ombre Die Cuts

Today I wanted to play along with Avery Elle's current challenge which is ombre/gradient which seemed like the perfect opportunity to test out their new inks which I have to say I really like!


I took a fairly simplistic approach and used 3 tonal inks - celery, lemongrass and mimosa and as they are lovely juicy pigment inks I used the direct to paper technique starting from the lightest and working down to the darkest ink


Then to create something interesting with the ombre paper I made I took the hello word die and die cut it.  I cut the same word again twice in white and layered them up behind the ombre for dimension.  To add a little interest I die cut it once more from black card but this one I offset just slightly to add to the dimensional quality.  One of the sentiments from the companion stamp set was all that was required to finish it off.

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous colours and love the technique....... they've blended seamlessly :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a happy card! Love the clean and simple design, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tara- this is stunning! Love the ombre effect you achieved with your ink pads- it looks amazing!! Thanks so much for playing along with us for the AE ombre challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips