Wednesday 22 April 2015

Up and Away

I'm a bit later than normal to the LIM party this week - I messed up my card so started again!  The theme is up and away which gave me the perfect excuse to break out some new balloon dies and to pair them with one of my all time favourite stamps - I think it came out super cute.  http://simplylessismoore.blogspot.co.uk/2015/04/week-220-theme.html


The balloons were die cut from a sheet of card covered with stick-it thin sheet glue so I could foil them with rainbow foil before die cutting.  The letters are die cut from the balloons automatically so I can add those to another project later.   I added some sewing cotton around the balloons and tied them together around my favourite panda's arm so it looks like he is being carried up and away as per the theme.  Adding a couple of comic book style "zooms" under this feet shows he's moving pretty fast too!


6 comments:

  1. That foiling looks awesome Tara... what a great effect!
    Super job!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning balloons, the foiling makes them very special.

    Love and hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab foiling Tara and I love your panda too!
    Thank you for joining us at Less is More
    Anne
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! I NEED some foil now Tara! Those balloons are AMAZING.
    Love the panda always but those balloons steal the show for me.
    Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
    Sarah xx
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the look of the foil...I have the foil, but not the laminator! I want to try this so much! LOVE your cool party balloons!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those balloons look awesome in foil, great design Tara :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips