Saturday 5 August 2017

Tropical Happy Hour

My store, Seven Hills Crafts, is sponsoring my favourite blog challenge again this month - Less is More - so I am guest blogging for their first challenge this month which is all about tropical colours.  When I thought tropical, the first thing that came to mind was cocktails (yeah I'm sure that came as a shock to those who know me lol!   I do love a drink with an umbrella!!!) so here's what I came up with.


I used the fabulous "cocktail mixer" set from Newton's Nook and coloured all the images with zig clean color pens and a waterbrush to get a bright but still translucent look.  I love colouring with zigs this way as you can layer the colour up to get a bolder/brighter look but also get a pale shading effect without having a million colours.

I added a couple of strips of citrus themed paper to ground the glasses and finished with one of the fun sentiments from the stamp set which is a pretty decent philosophy on life if you ask me ;-)

Have fun with the challenge this month.

Tara

8 comments:

  1. What a fun card, Tara! All those sweet little drinks look wonderful and yummy... And I love the strips of paper too! Great to have you sponsoring and guest designing at LIM! I love your shop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Humm ! I love this cocktails show and I go for the blue one ( with Curaçao for sure!)! A beautiful design with gorgeous colors! Love the two paper strips too, as if it was the tablecloth! It's a real pleasure to have you as guest designer and thanks for sponsoring this month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The red cocktail with the umbrella for me, please! Love this happy little drinks display... summer, yay! Fab, bright colouring and a perfect take on our tropical fruit colours challenge. Thanks for being our sponsor, too! Have a great weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delicious card, Tara. Love how colourful it is. Definitely captures the tropicsl fruit colours. Thank you for guesting this week and sponsoring us this month. 😊 Trina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fun card...love it! Thanks for sponsoring our challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous colourful card Tara !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is bursting with tropical colours Tara and simply delicious. I'm pretty thirsty now looking at this little lot. Thanks for being a great sponsor and Guest Designer at Less is More this week. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. So colourful and I'm salivating here! Love your cluster of stamped images and what a great theme. The strips of paper were a great addition. Lovely having you with us this week x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips